Tech Blog.org is all about technology.
Read the latest technology news, events, gossip and what's happening in the world of technology.   Home | Write to us

Intel launches its new Core i7 CPU

Google

November 19, 2008

Get the most dependable Linux or Windows Web hosting at the lowest cost. Domain names at only $5.99 for a whole year. Click here to learn more.

SureMail™ is the most reliable email service there is. Get less spam and less email virusses. Unlimited autoresponders. Learn more by clicking here.

Add to del.icio.us     Digg this story Digg this

Designed on a completely new architecture, Intel's generation of Core i7 CPUs are greatly different from their predecessors and have a lot of advantages over them. As part of Intel's global launch in India, there was a lavishly arranged function in Mumbai yesterday.

Prakash Bagri, Director of Marketing for Intel South Asia said "we have delivered the fastest desktop processor to the most demanding users, the ones who are using their PCs for video, gaming and music. Intel's new Core i7 processor has refined the computer of tomorrow".

There is also a much faster cache access and faster processor synchronization primitives. Intel has also implemented a new second level branch predictor to avoid situations when execution units stand idle. Yet another improvement is the cache sub-system that has been redesigned from the ground up.

There is also a second level 512-entry translation look-aside buffer. Additionally, there is a three-level cache hierarchy shared by all cores. This is vastly different from what Intel has done so far and promises to revolutionize the industry.

Intel's multi-threading technology is also featured on these new i7 processors with SSE 4.2 instructions. These are capable of handling up to eight software threads on no less than 4 processor cores. With a total dissipated power rating of just 130 Watts, these new CPUs also have energy-saving features, such as the ability to shut down unused cores if needed.

Intel's Turbo Boost technology allows the i7's cores to increase clock speeds when deemed necessary. This quad-core chip is manufactured using the 45 nm process, sporting no less than 731 million transistors.

Combined with the Intel X-58 chipset-based motherboards and with an LGA-1366 socket, the new i7 is incompatible with older motherboards. Currently, the i7 can only be used with motherboards based on the new Intel X58 chipset.

Add to del.icio.us     Digg this story Digg this

Source: Intel Corp.

Bookmark this Tech Blog by clicking here.

Tech Blog is hosted by Avantex

Home | Tech news | New technologies | Tech articles | Write to us

Copyright © Tech Blog.org. All rights reserved.
Tech Blog News Section

New Technologies
Tech Industry News

Drop your email address and
get our free weekly newsletter

Blogs of interest:
Search Engine News

Signal vs Noise

Internet Trends

Marketing Trends

Tech Blog.org is sponsered by the General Center for Internet Services Inc. (GCIS), Canada's oldest and largest Internet application developer and B2B integrator, in business since 1996. Click here to visit our website.

Tech Blog.org - All About Technology          Tech Blog.org - All About Technology

Advertise on Tech Blog and increase your Web visibility: advertise@techblog.org

Advertisers:
GCIS Inc.
escalate™
Sun Hosting